My Foodie Pen Pal, Cheryl, was a rockstar. She sent me an e-mail to find out my likes and dislikes and I let her know that I was trying the Paleo diet, but not to let that restrict her choices. I do like my cheat days! She was spot on with everything, and she even sent me recipes so that I can use everything.
In my box was:
- Chia seeds
- Coconut flour
- Coconut Milk
- Fish Sauce
- Rice sticks/flat rice noodles (like pasta)
Everything but the rice sticks are paleo, but can totally see using the rice sticks in the recipe she sent me with it. Unfortunatley I have bene traveling ever since I received my package and haven't had a chance to try anything out. I'm home for the next few weeks, so I will be cooking! I've been intrigued by fish sauce, as a lot of paleo recipes call for it, so I'm glad I get to finally try it out.
The recipes she sent me were:
- Chocolate chunk (paleo) cookies
- Raw Walnut and Pecan Tartlets (uses the dates I got)
- Coconut Lime Chicken Soup (uses the flat rice noodles, coconut milk, and fish sauce)
- Banana Chia Bites (uses the chia seeds)